Saturday, January 13, 2018

Forged Paper


My favorite paper in the CKC inspiration kit was the "Holly Jolly" exclusive paper. I decided to try to forge my own. I'm way to late for the Forgeries on the Fourth, but I kept being drawn back to this paper.




I started by putting gesso on the cardstock then used the smooching technique with my inks to get the background.

I started with the peeled paint and eventually switched over to mowed lawn distress ink. The peeled paint turned a bit black when  it was dry - totally user error as I grabbed a cleaning wipe instead of a baby wipe to clean my mat and stencil.


I used the Cricut Cartridge "Home Accents" for the branch which is similar to the branch on their paper. I cut it out in two sizes and used the same distress inks over my ink splatters to get the leaf look.



I cut a deer out with the silhouette for my tag. I used an ink blending tool instead of the smooching technique to get the colors on the tags and stamped the leaf image around my deer.



The deer looks a little small for the tag size. I didn't recut the deer stencil I just cut the tag in half. I realize the tags in the kit were mini but I wanted mine to go on a gift hence the larger tag size.




I used the Forged paper on these layouts - Christmas Ornaments, two 12x12 layouts and one 8 1/2 x11 layout.

Thanks for stopping by.


January Counterfeit Kit - Holiday Joy
7 - 12x12 Layouts
4 -  8 1/2x11 Layouts
     12x12 Project Life
1 - 8 1/2x11 Project Life
1 - Planner Pages
8 - Cards
8 -Tags

Recipe:
Paper: January Counterfeit Kit: White cardstock
Distress Inks: Dried Marigold, Festive Berries, Ripe Persimmon, Broken China, Mowed Lawn, Peeled Paint
Cricut Cartridge: Home Accents
Stamps: 7 Gypsis - Pretonia
Misc.: Ink Blending Tool, Gesso, plastic for smooching,  Cricut and Silhouette Machines, spray bottle and Stencil Vinyl

2 comments:

Tina Campbell said...

Awesome forgery :)

Lisa said...

This really is awesome! I would never have got the idea to have a go at this paper but you did a fabulous job!